From the start of the pandemic our approach has been one of both faith and wisdom, trusting in Jesus and His promises of protection and health, whilst not exposing people to unnecessary risk.
As a church we acknowledge the priority of meeting together, sharing life and fellowship, worshipping together with singing, and are really pleased to be able to have these freedoms again following the removal of all legal restrictions on Monday 19th July.
We also acknowledge that there is still some risk in excerscing these freedoms in the midst of a thrid wave of Covid-19 infections. As an Eldership team we feel that it is right to proceed with care, and that this approach reflects the feeling of the majority of our church family.
To make this clear and easy to follow, we've prepared an updated ABC Covid Charter which we will review regularly as the situation changes in the coming weeks. We feel that this approach of faith and wisdom will enable us to enjoy a much more normal experience again for our Sunday gatherings, whilst still minimising the risks:
- Please do not attend if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Please continue to book for Sunday services so that we can monitor our numbers and provide 1m+ seating to create a spacious uncrowded experience for all. (Booking will no longer be required for smaller gatherings such as prayer).
- Covid aware cleaning routines will continue, and the building will be well ventilated.
- Please enter and exit through the front doors only (unless in an emergency), and we encourage the use of hand sanitizer.
- We recommend the use of a face covering when arriving, leaving, and whilst moving around the building for the benefit of each other. These can then be removed during the service. You are welcome to continue to wear a face covering at all times if you prefer.
- We will continue to be mindful of each other and respect any personal boundaries that people feel they would like to maintain at this time.
- We will really enjoy singing and being together in Jesus Name 😊
- We will continue to broadcast our Sunday services for those at home.